Thursday, February 17, 2011

14 February 2011

!Hola!
I know it has been soooo long since I've posted.  I have barely had time to sit down with my husband let alone browse blogs or even post.  I wanted to share my husband and I's Valentines Day with you.
The day started off by me getting up early and putting Matt's homemade banners up that I made and making him a quick breakfast.





Then I went to work and started my regular day. 
When lunch rolled around a Jimmy Johns delivery guy came in and asked if I was Kassie.  I said yes and took the delicious sub.  It was kind of funny because Matt had accidentally left his debit card at Jimmy Johns and the delivery guy asked if he could leave it with me. :) I giggled. 
Once I had eaten my sub I went to throw away the bag and found a note in the bottom that said I was to go on a scavenger hunt. :) I got really excited!
The first note had a sweet poem in it but didn't have the next step.  Little did I know that when I was in class some sweet guy would come by and put a Candy Craze gift card on my desk with the next step.
I was then supposed to go to Candy Craze, pick out some candy and ask the ladies there for my next card.  When I got there the ladies working asked if I was Kassie and gave me the note with grins on their faces.  That note said that he had a secret and to find it at Victoria's. (insert blushing)  So I went down to Victoria Secret's to find another gift and another card.  The girls there asked if I was Kassie too and thought my man was so sweet to take me on a scavenger hunt.  


The next card was taped to the bag and said to head home.  When I went home I found a card in my V-Day wreath I made and that said to watch a video on my husbands computer.  The video said to get dressed and meet him at Olive Garden......
Here is a wreath I made with my friend Emily! Tutorial here!
Here are the notes he left at each place!
...cont.
Okay.  SOOO When I get to Olive Garden he is waiting there and we kiss.  I tell him how wonderful he is and how I had such an amazing day.  AND THEN he gives me a gift certificate for an hour long massage!!!  That was the CHERRY on top!! 

That day was just a reminder that I was blessed to have a guy that was thoughtful and sweet.  We both know that he can't do that every Valentines Day but I do know that everything he did meant so much to me.  Sometimes it's nice to get a gift that someone put some thought into rather than flowers, a card, and chocolates even though those are wonderful as well.

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment